Show Bid Request
Bid Request Id: 70248
BID AMOUNT OPEN FOR SUGGESTION. IGNORE THE SMALL BUSINESS PROJECT AMOUNT.
Create a standalone activex.exe or application (System Manager) which
1. Downloads new update files or patches via internet
(FTP, HTTPS) by doing a scan on user software to determine which new updates are to be downloaded and update user software accordingly.
2. Provide a GUI interface for scheduling and update options for upgrade process.
3. Provide a GUI interface for user to add in plugins
(dll,exe) and modify their properties to work with the main application.
4. Provide a GUI interface for various system settings, progress monitoring and functions, for example, not limited to:
a. Data Cached property
b. Remote data source locations, and alternative
sources (for download)
c. System memory, CPU speed, available diskspace,
etc... (display and calculation purpose)
d. view upgrade history, and current application
e. Upon receiving objects from calling
application, monitor their processes and
display graphicly its current status.
Provide pause, cancel functionalities and view
job history as well as scheduling such job (to
be discussed more details if bid is accepted)
The application must at all times have ability to communicate with the calling application
thru a set of pre-defined interface, for instance, but not limited to:
1. Provide property for User ID, account and password
2. Provide listing of Plugin DLLs, EXEs available
3. Provide Upgrade status report by dates
4. Provide methods for Upgrade, Cancel method, etc...
5. Any of the properties from the GUI interface.
PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENT...
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
VB6, WinAPI, standard controls
Must be 100% finished and received by buyer on:
Aug 15, 2003 EDT
Deadline legal notes: All times are expressed in the time zone of the site EDT (UT - 5). If the buyer omitted a time, then the deadline is 11:59:59 PM EDT on the indicated date.
This bid request includes IMPORTANT additional attached files. Please download and read fully before bidding.
Remember that contacting the other party outside of the site (by email, phone, etc.) on all business projects < $500 (before the buyer's money is escrowed) is a violation of both the software buyer and seller agreements.
We monitor all site activity for such violations and can instantly expel transgressers on the spot, so we thank you in advance for your cooperation.
If you notice a violation please help out the site and report it. Thanks for your help.
|All monetary amounts on the site are in United States dollars.
Rent a Coder is a closed auction, so coders can only see their own bids and comments. Buyers can view every posting made on their bid requests.
9 bid(s) have been posted
Bidding Closes At:
Jul 10, 2003 3:28:27 AM EDT
Max accepted bid:
Open to fair suggestions (USD)
Coders: To place a bid and/or to see any of your own pre-existing bids on this bid request, you must
Buyers: If this is your bid request, then you can
see all bids/comments, and/or accept one, by logging in.