Quick Search for:  in language:    
Want,your,schema,differences,Access,databases
   Code/Articles » |  Newest/Best » |  Community » |  Jobs » |  Other » |  Goto » | 
CategoriesSearch Newest CodeCoding ContestCode of the DayAsk A ProJobsUpload
Visual Basic Stats

Code: 3,290,928. lines
 Jobs: 207. postings

How to support the site

Sponsored by:

You are in:

Does your code think in ink?
Login

Latest Code Ticker for Visual Basic.
VB with XP Style
By Zpage on 12/30

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!HowTo Use 32Bit Icons in ToolBar
By Zpage on 12/30

(Screen Shot)

Apps Folders
By Zpage on 12/30

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!How to use 32 Bit Icons in a VB App
By Zpage on 12/30

(Screen Shot)

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!Database Film's with ListBox
By Diego Cortiñas on 12/30

(Screen Shot)

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!MP3 class with ID3v2 and ID3v1 support
By Vesa Piittinen on 12/30

(Screen Shot)

Control By Browser
By Priyan R on 12/30

Stealth Exchange SFX
By dvchaos on 12/30

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!Mini Tetris
By Code Toad on 12/30

(Screen Shot)

Click here to put this ticker on your site!

Add this ticker to your desktop!

Daily Code Email
To join the 'Code of the Day' Mailing List click here!

Affiliate Sites

Third Party Product Review:
Reviews are a new feature of Planet Source Code that allow site visitors to share their experiences on commercial third party products in real life situations.

Klik! CompareLib...Compare and synchronize schema differences in your Access databases...

Print
Email

Submitted on: 11/20/2003 7:27:08 AM
By: Klik! Software 
Level: Advanced
User Rating: By 1 Users
Compatibility:VB 3.0, VB 4.0 (32-bit), VB 5.0, VB 6.0, VB Script, ASP (Active Server Pages) , VBA MS Access, VBA MS Excel

Users have accessed this review 440 times.

(About the author)

Want to get rid of your schema differences in you Access databases as I did? Then this tool may help you...

Terms of Agreement:   
By using this review, you agree to the following terms...   
1) You may use any of the code in this review in your own programs (and may compile it into a program and distribute it in compiled format for languages that allow it) freely and with no charge.   
2) You MAY NOT redistribute this review (for example to a web site) without written permission from the original author. Failure to do so is a violation of copyright laws.   
3) You may link to this review from another website, but ONLY if it is not wrapped in a frame. 
4) You will abide by any additional copyright restrictions which the author may have placed in the review or review's description.
I always have some trouble with multiple copies of my Access databases. During the development cycle, I always add and remove new items to them and at the end, I came across with a big question, "Which one is the most recent?". This also applies when I release a new version of my application, "How can I update my client databases without any damage to their existing datas?"... I had seen some tools for Sql server for this purpose, to compare and synchronize schema differences, but none for Access which I also use often in my solutions.Recently, I found a new tool called Klik! CompareLib and wanted to share my experience with this tool with you. Klik! CompareLib is simply a tool to compare and synchronize structural differences in Access databases. When you launch the application, a wizard style interface welcomes you. The first two steps allows you to make some inputs to specify the databases and some criterias on how to compare. The third step only contains a button which starts the comparison process. This process, as it's specified, takes a very short time. And the last step contains a grid which shows the differences in the database objects and at this step you can create the merge scripts to make the compared databases equal. After the creation of the scripts, there is another small tool called ScriptRunner which you use to apply the generated merge scripts. To apply the script, you only specify the database and the merge script file. Application of a script also takes a few seconds. My testings show that this tool really does it's job very well. A missing point is that it doesn't provide any method for generating reports about the differences in those two databases but I think this will be also added in the very next version. Another problem may be if you not only use Access as your backend database, while doing the other development in VB,C#,Delphi,etc., but also develop your forms,reports,etc. within it as Klik! CompareLib only works on table,query,user and group objects. If you would like to have more info or even make a test drive simply go to http://www.kliksoft.com/ . There you'll find a 15 day trial version and you are fully qualified to have support during your trial period.

Other 1 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to notify us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
Reason:

Your Vote!

What do you think of this review(in the Advanced category)?
(The review with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor See Voting Log

Other User Comments
11/20/2003 10:51:41 AM:Print Preview
It doesn't work at all with the Access DB I tried
Keep the Planet clean! If this comment was disrespectful, please report it:
Reason:

11/20/2003 7:31:39 PM:Sharppp
Hello, Why not go ahead and inform about the problem you're getting? You can reach their support via support@kliksoft.com . I'm sure that they'll be very helpfull and interested on your problem...
Reason:

12/22/2003 8:49:18 AM:
I think that this web was about SOURCE CODE :(
Reason:

Add Your Feedback!
Note:Not only will your feedback be posted, but an email will be sent to the code's author in your name.

NOTICE: The author of this review has been kind enough to share it with you.  If you have a criticism, please state it politely or it will be deleted.

For feedback not related to this particular review, please click here.

Name:
Comment:

Categories | Articles and Tutorials | Advanced Search | Recommended Reading | Upload | Newest Code | Code of the Month | Code of the Day | All Time Hall of Fame | Coding Contest | Search for a job | Post a Job | Ask a Pro Discussion Forum | Live Chat | Feedback | Customize | Visual Basic Home | Site Home | Other Sites | About the Site | Feedback | Link to the Site | Awards | Advertising | Privacy

Copyright© 1997 by Exhedra Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.  By using this site you agree to its Terms and Conditions.  Planet Source Code (tm) and the phrase "Dream It. Code It" (tm) are trademarks of Exhedra Solutions, Inc.