Borland,giving,away,Delphi,Personal,Edition,f
Quick Search for:  in language:    
Borland,giving,away,Delphi,Personal,Edition,f
   Code/Articles » |  Newest/Best » |  Community » |  Jobs » |  Other » |  Goto » | 
CategoriesSearch Newest CodeCoding ContestCode of the DayAsk A ProJobsUpload
Delphi Stats

Code: 173,995 lines
 Jobs: 16 postings

Sponsored by:

You are in:

Login

Latest Code Ticker for Delphi.
How To Use A DLL
By Jerome Scott II on 10/24

A* Pathfinding
By Rudy van Etten on 10/24

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!Extended integer
By Josh Code on 10/23

(Screen Shot)

Any application transparent and animation
By Dashkaa on 10/22

Electronic magazine
By Rudy van Etten on 10/22

Delete Your Running Application!
By Jerome Scott II on 10/22

Word Counter
By Jerome Scott II on 10/20

J's Easy Transparent form effect
By Jason Myerscough on 10/19

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!Bitmap Rotation
By Josh Code on 10/19

(Screen Shot)

Click here to put this ticker on your site!

Add this ticker to your desktop!

Daily Code Email
To join the 'Code of the Day' Mailing List click here!

Affiliate Sites

Delphi 6 Personal Free

Print
Email

Submitted on: 8/19/2001 12:19:21 AM
By: Shannon Harmon 
Level: Beginner
User Rating: By 7 Users
Compatibility:Pre Delphi 4, Delphi 4, Delphi 5

Users have accessed this article 11936 times.

(About the author)

Borland is giving away Delphi 6 Personal Edition free for filling out a survey.

Terms of Agreement:   
By using this article, you agree to the following terms...   
1) You may use this article in your own programs (and may compile it into a program and distribute it in compiled format for languages that allow it) freely and with no charge.   
2) You MAY NOT redistribute this article (for example to a web site) without written permission from the original author. Failure to do so is a violation of copyright laws.   
3) You may link to this article from another website, but ONLY if it is not wrapped in a frame. 
4) You will abide by any additional copyright restrictions which the author may have placed in the article or article's description.
http://www.borland.com/delphi/personal/index.html Just follow that link, it's a 150 meg download but most everyone has broadband now right:) If this is not appropriate to post here, I am sorry, was trying to help and didn't know where else to post it. If you want to tell me, in the future I will do it where I should. All I seen under Community was Ask A Pro, didn't seem to fit there.

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to notify us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
Reason:

Your Vote!

What do you think of this article(in the Beginner category)?
(The article with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor See Voting Log

Other User Comments
8/20/2001 2:00:20 AM:Austin
No, dont feel bad about posting that here. Its good. Now people just looking around at other catagories will see this and maybe start programming in delphi
Keep the Planet clean! If this comment was disrespectful, please report it:
Reason:

8/20/2001 6:16:13 AM:RaX
mhh. i can get a rip of delphi 6 enterprise (i think..).
Reason:

8/20/2001 12:55:20 PM:Steve G
I see it is a *free* download but do not see where they are supposedly giving it away just for filling out the survey.
Reason:

8/20/2001 11:19:55 PM:ShannonH
I am not sure what you mean exactly, Steve, but if you goto the mentioned website address, there is a link right on the main page to fill out an online survey. It's just a bunch of developer related stuff for the most part. Once you do so, they will give you a download link and email you your serial information. Install the download, and enter your serial information, and there you go, a full version of Delphi 6 Personal Edition, free. It's not Enterprise of course, but is great for people learning or playing who do not have the funds to purchase. If there is some other way to get it free, I don't know of it.
Reason:

8/20/2001 11:21:58 PM:Shannon Harmon
Also, while anyone is at it and doesn't know, you can visit http://www.informit.com/ and there is a good amount of published books available to read directly online for free. Another good starting point for the currency challanged or those who like to read and learn.
Reason:

8/21/2001 3:02:33 AM:dzzie
i was amazed...there is no time limit, no nag screens, and no crippled features ! it must be just to get more people programmign in delphi... amazing.... truly worth the download !
Reason:

8/21/2001 11:56:55 AM:Tim Rude
Has anyone downloaded this yet? It's about 140MB. I'd like to find someone willing to burn it to a CDR and mail it to me (for a reasonable fee, of course). I've filled out their survey and gotten the registration info from Borland. I just can't do the download.
Reason:

8/21/2001 3:33:39 PM:Eric Sielewicki
The Personal Edition of Delphi 6 has no support for COM, Component building, or Internet. At least this is the rumor which is floating around. User be warned! It is better to pay for the whole thing!
Reason:

8/22/2001 12:18:17 AM:ShannonH
You are correct, those are the things it doesn't have, I suppose if it had them, noone would purchase Delphi from them anymore. But even without those, it is a good thing for the casual user or the use who can't/won't fork out the cash I suppose, either way, it's free. $50$ isn't $1000 but if someone want's to give me $50, that's fine with me.
Reason:

8/22/2001 4:34:16 AM:RaX
Shannon Harmon: if you want to read and learn for free goto school :P
Reason:

8/22/2001 10:47:28 PM:ShannonH
School, what's that? I was taught by my dog when I was only 5. Me thinks me learnt all eye needs ta know, donut you? :)
Reason:

8/23/2001 4:12:14 AM:RaX
ye. mee tow
Reason:

8/25/2001 8:30:10 PM:Foo
Learning to develop Windows applications is fast and fun with Delphi 6. Create high-performance, non-commercial Windows 98, Windows NT and 2000 applications using on-line help to get you programming in no time. Windows development is easy with Delphi 6 drag-and-drop visual design environment, step-by-step examples, and a Visual Component Library with over 85 reusable components.
Reason:

8/25/2001 8:34:20 PM:Foo
'non-commercial' - meaning for personal fun and research only, you can't sell any programs made with the "personal" edition, otherwise, it's almost identicle , few differences with what components are included, other than that, don't believe the rumours .. Just check it out for your self. rumours mostly consist of nothing but FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt). ftp://ftpd.borland.com/downlo ad/delphi/personal/BorlandDelphiPersonal Edition.exe bout 140 megs, u'll still need the reg key though, and in order to get that, you'll still need to fill in the survey .. ohhhhhhh well. :)
Reason:

8/26/2001 9:56:44 PM:
say this to your cat
Reason:

9/21/2001 3:45:07 PM:ss
ss
Reason:

9/21/2001 3:59:29 PM:ss
Comment
Reason:

9/21/2001 4:00:45 PM:36619
Reason:

1/14/2002 9:03:12 AM:Esamnye
I'm new in OOP, but I'm willing to learn about that. I've downloaded Delphi 6 Personal Edition. It took me 3 days to complete. Can anyone help me for any site that guide me to learning Delphi 6?
Reason:

1/29/2002 10:39:11 AM:Quentin Butler
Thanks
Reason:

2/19/2002 3:54:38 AM:Sock
Thats very cool, i've been coding in ms vc++ but have always wante to jump into delphi, this is my chance. Thanks for the link -Sock
Reason:

3/27/2002 3:06:45 PM:LUIS ORREGO
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP IN DELPHI, SORRY BY MY ENGLISH, IAM FROM CHILE, I SPEAK SPANISH, BUT WRITE ENGLISH MORE AND LESS. BY
Reason:

4/8/2002 3:29:36 AM:Disabled
HAHAHA GOOD WORK NOW I HAVE IT :D :D :D
Reason:

7/11/2002 11:23:38 AM:Bogdan Banea
vb sucks!
Reason:

7/18/2002 3:05:58 AM:kld1648
Whoo Hoo! No more of that VB6 B.S. !!!
Reason:

9/29/2002 12:53:18 PM:
I am beginer in programming
Reason:

9/29/2002 12:55:45 PM:
i am beginner in programming
Reason:

10/22/2002 1:43:31 AM:
Hi,<BR> I am having a problem downloading. I have filled out survey and recieved key, but how do i download? I keep getting this message: <BR> Downloads Welcome to the Borland Download area. Registration is Required Borland is pleased to provide the following downloads free of charge for trial and demo purposes. In order to complete all downloads, you will be required to register and provide valid and complete contact information. Downloads will be negated if you choose to opt out of this requirement. In exchange for your free access to these products we will be contacting you in the future to ask a few questions about your experience with the product. You must have javascript and cookies turned on in your browser for this step to succeed. am I doing something wrong? I have cookies enabled. Not sure how to make sure javascript is on under XP. Thanks Shane
Reason:

10/24/2002 7:04:01 PM:
ftfiygi jhh
Reason:

10/24/2002 7:04:42 PM:
great idea
Reason:

Add Your Feedback!
Note:Not only will your feedback be posted, but an email will be sent to the code's author in your name.

NOTICE: The author of this article has been kind enough to share it with you.  If you have a criticism, please state it politely or it will be deleted.

For feedback not related to this particular article, please click here.

Name:
Comment:

Categories | Articles and Tutorials | Advanced Search | Recommended Reading | Upload | Newest Code | Code of the Month | Code of the Day | All Time Hall of Fame | Coding Contest | Search for a job | Post a Job | Ask a Pro Discussion Forum | Live Chat | Feedback | Customize | Delphi Home | Site Home | Other Sites | About the Site | Feedback | Link to the Site | Awards | Advertising | Privacy

Copyright© 1997 by Exhedra Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.  By using this site you agree to its Terms and Conditions.  Planet Source Code (tm) and the phrase "Dream It. Code It" (tm) are trademarks of Exhedra Solutions, Inc.