Quick Search for:  in language:    
SMTP,POP3,MIME,HTTP,tutorial,pages,every,thin
   Code/Articles » |  Newest/Best » |  Community » |  Jobs » |  Other » |  Goto » | 
CategoriesSearch Newest CodeCoding ContestCode of the DayAsk A ProJobsUpload
Visual Basic Stats

Code: 3,149,602. lines
 Jobs: 144. postings

How to support the site

Sponsored by:

You are in:

PDC 2003: Make the connection
Login

Latest Code Ticker for Visual Basic.
Click here to see a screenshot of this code!HistoryWriter Add-In V.1
By Zvonko Kostovski on 9/3

(Screen Shot)

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!Control Winamp
By Dennis Wollentin on 9/3

(Screen Shot)

Fake Virus Version 1.0
By C.J. Laing on 9/3

][String Encoder
By Andron Smth on 9/3

Font Catalog
By Bill Adams on 9/3

professional search
By Ziad Said on 9/3

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!Drew's Meta Tag Generator
By Drew Phillips on 9/3

(Screen Shot)

Fast BruteForce Class
By §e7eN on 9/3

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!Lotus Domino Exploit Scanner
By §e7eN on 9/3

(Screen Shot)

Click here to put this ticker on your site!

Add this ticker to your desktop!

Daily Code Email
To join the 'Code of the Day' Mailing List click here!

Affiliate Sites

A Complete Guide to Web Based Email Systems

Print
Email

Submitted on: 2/13/2001 9:28:47 AM
By: B r a i n S o f t  
Level: Advanced
User Rating: By 50 Users
Compatibility:VB 6.0, ASP (Active Server Pages)

Users have accessed this article 47988 times.

(About the author)

In this tutorial of 100+ pages, you can get every thing which is mainly related to build a complete web based email system. this artical will cover everthing of SMTP, POP3, MIME and HTTP. you can get a lot of material regarding to different Coding and encoding methods like BASE64 & Quoted Printable. a far better option to read this tutorial instead of reading RFCs.

winzip iconDownload article

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzipto decompress it.

Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses,but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them.

FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, PLEASE:
1)Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
2)NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
3)Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Terms of Agreement:   
By using this article, you agree to the following terms...   
1) You may use this article in your own programs (and may compile it into a program and distribute it in compiled format for languages that allow it) freely and with no charge.   
2) You MAY NOT redistribute this article (for example to a web site) without written permission from the original author. Failure to do so is a violation of copyright laws.   
3) You may link to this article from another website, but ONLY if it is not wrapped in a frame. 
4) You will abide by any additional copyright restrictions which the author may have placed in the article or article's description.

Other 2 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to notify us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
Reason:

Your Vote!

What do you think of this article(in the Advanced category)?
(The article with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor See Voting Log

Other User Comments
2/15/2001 2:58:20 PM:robert
very nice artice, please keep more coming
Keep the Planet clean! If this comment was disrespectful, please report it:
Reason:

3/7/2001 4:15:34 PM:Shawn Elliott
well.... they voted.. so it looks like we can expect an IMAP tut ;)
Reason:

3/9/2001 2:11:30 AM:younus malik
Well thanks shawn, currently i'm working with IMAP and i'll be going to submit IMAP tut with in few weeks, please be patient....
Reason:

3/12/2001 6:08:35 PM:imn0thing
hmm, you say this is better than reading the RFCs, but you copied the RCFs so it is the same thing, why dont you explain how to implement these protocols instead of reiterating a few RFCs that are already posted on thousands of web pages
Reason:

3/12/2001 6:09:47 PM:Nick Smith
lol, i just noticed this is a contest winner. WOOHOO, you can copy and paste! A real winner here
Reason:

3/13/2001 5:53:15 AM:Malik Muhammad Younus Awan
Thnaks imn0thing & Nick Smith for your comments but i would like to tell you more. the doc i have submitted on pscode is not a cut copy & paste. yes i get a lot of material from RFcs regarding Web based email systems as i mention it in docs, but before this, i have read all rfcs and then ommitted unnecessary material from these Rfcs and Added some useful material which is not present in RFCs. well i thought that combining all related RFCs (+ some other stuff like what is web based email systems and how it work? etc etc) will be a usefull stuff for otherguys and u see that people liked my work (by giving me their precious votes).
Reason:

3/13/2001 4:52:48 PM:Deaper
So what if he copied from RFCs!!! Big deal! He didn't copy them WORD FOR WORD... You really got to admit, that most RFCs, although very useful... Get easilly outdated, and are not always in the best order! All that he did was go through and sort it out! I'd rather read a well formatted document with images for reference than a text only out of order RFC with nothing but: X---X | |-O-X---X |-----X-| X for reference pieces! I know that a lot of time went in to this project! I give it an EXCELLENT rating! Great work!
Reason:

3/14/2001 7:13:39 AM:Asad Parvaiz
This is in response to Nick Smith's comments. I have looked at his postings and if we make a sum of the score that he got, I dont think that he would come close to what the voters have decided with Mr. Malik's posting. I believe in democracy and let the voters decide of the outcome. I have been working in development of web based email systems for the last year and believe me that if I had access to the document written by Mr. Malik, my life would have been made much easier. My opinion about the posting of Mr. Malik is excellent, and would like to see the next document on IMAP promised by Mr. Malik
Reason:

6/23/2001 6:23:02 AM:Nitin
From the docs we can't get any material about detecting the attachments in the mails . If you know this please send it 2 me on np80@gmx.co.uk
Reason:

8/1/2001 6:31:45 PM:Niknak!!
SIMPLE MAIL TRANSFER PROTOCOL Jonathan B. Postel August 1982 Information Sciences Institute University of Southern California 4676 Admiralty Way Marina del Rey, California 90291 (213) 822-1511 Im rather disappointed to say the least, i was looking on the web for firther documentation on SMTP & POP3. And what do I come across? at >> http://www.freesoft.org/CIE/RFC/821/inde x.htm << I found this very article. Tell me it's not a rip off?
Reason:

8/2/2001 3:27:54 AM:Malik Muhammad Younus Awan
you probably did not read the reference i have mentioned in it that all these sources are from RFCs. well i agree that there is nothing something new it(not even i claimed it), but on the other, i just try my best to comiple and integrated all the things together that are basically related to Web based email system. this is what my article was intended about.
Reason:

8/2/2001 3:28:30 AM:Malik Muhammad Younus Awan
you probably did not read the reference i have mentioned in it that all these sources are from RFCs. well i agree that there is nothing something new it(not even i claimed it), but on the other, i just try my best to comiple and integrated all the things together that are basically related to Web based email system. this is what my article was intended about.
Reason:

8/15/2001 11:01:04 AM:android
thank you thank you thank you! This document explained many things i have always heard about, but could find no definate, well structured information on!
Reason:

11/1/2001 3:09:46 AM:Noor
Necessary for all those who want to learn about the e-mail systems. Fasicanting! I have found all the material here helpful. The material is presented in an new and fresh way which helps all the readers in understanding.
Reason:

2/20/2002 3:41:45 AM:Tuk
Great stuff, thanks for posting this tutorial!
Reason:

2/22/2002 10:38:58 PM:Fluk
What about IMAP tutorial you were going to write. Please let me know...
Reason:

7/19/2002 3:01:22 PM:mr_bishy
As far as im concerned it does not matter if you rip code from sources outside PSC. as long as you credit the real authors. I sence alot of jellousy here, why dont you lot stop complaining and worrie about your own submissions!
Reason:

10/25/2002 6:10:27 AM:Fk
nice article keep up the good work
Reason:

2/22/2003 11:43:55 AM:Fi3k1
I need the SMTP commands for authenticating a user. Did not find ith here on PSC. Any Ideas? (Mail Me)
Reason:

3/10/2003 2:12:39 AM:
hey its really useful
Reason:

3/10/2003 2:13:42 AM:
hey its really useful 4 me
Reason:

3/31/2003 2:32:20 AM:
Great tut :)
Reason:

Add Your Feedback!
Note:Not only will your feedback be posted, but an email will be sent to the code's author in your name.

NOTICE: The author of this article has been kind enough to share it with you.  If you have a criticism, please state it politely or it will be deleted.

For feedback not related to this particular article, please click here.

Name:
Comment:

Categories | Articles and Tutorials | Advanced Search | Recommended Reading | Upload | Newest Code | Code of the Month | Code of the Day | All Time Hall of Fame | Coding Contest | Search for a job | Post a Job | Ask a Pro Discussion Forum | Live Chat | Feedback | Customize | Visual Basic Home | Site Home | Other Sites | About the Site | Feedback | Link to the Site | Awards | Advertising | Privacy

Copyright© 1997 by Exhedra Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.  By using this site you agree to its Terms and Conditions.  Planet Source Code (tm) and the phrase "Dream It. Code It" (tm) are trademarks of Exhedra Solutions, Inc.