MFC,SDK,video,game,Features,Compatible,with,D
Quick Search for:  in language:    
MFC,SDK,video,game,Features,Compatible,with,D
   Code/Articles » |  Newest/Best » |  Community » |  Jobs » |  Other » |  Goto » | 
CategoriesSearch Newest CodeCoding ContestCode of the DayAsk A ProJobsUpload
C/ C++ Stats

Code: 481,463 lines
 Jobs: 1,069 postings

Sponsored by:

You are in:

Login

Latest Code Ticker for C/ C++.
SQL 'LIKE' clause clone in C
By José Luis Gallego on 10/19

Determing File Version, System Language and Memory Status
By Ixac on 10/19

How to create custom messages
By Xeron on 10/18

DeathBrain
By DeathBrain on 10/18

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!A C++ Tutorial for Complete Beginners #2
By Jared Devall on 10/18

(Screen Shot)

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!_PAGE REPLACEMENT ALGORITHMS (FIFO)_
By ENRICO X on 10/18

(Screen Shot)

extract file from resource and write it to disk
By cpsim on 10/18

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!CurrencyConvert er 2002
By Xeron on 10/17

(Screen Shot)

File Saver/Opener
By Jek on 10/17

Click here to put this ticker on your site!

Add this ticker to your desktop!

Daily Code Email
To join the 'Code of the Day' Mailing List click here!

Affiliate Sites

MasterKong 2D

Print
Email

Submitted on: 5/2/2001 2:42:27 AM
By: Jared Bruni  
Level: Intermediate
User Rating: By 43 Users
Compatibility:Microsoft Visual C++

Users have accessed this article 11233 times.

(About the author)

This is a 2D video game. <br><b><u>Features</u></b><br><br><br><b> Is now Compatible with DirectX 8 </b><br><br> 2 Programs<br> Level Editor and game itself<br> Game comes with 5 levels. Contains over 60 bitmaps and 23 source files total. <br><br>Some of the features of the game itself<br><br> Projectiles , 2D Character Animation, Tile map, Options Screen, Start Screen Game Over Screen, About Screen,SoundHandler, and level select screen. The code is fully object oriented however does not use MFC or the Visual C++ code generators. Code features including enumerated constants, abstract data types, inheritance,pure virtual functions and more. Utilizing MasterX SDK 1.8, and all code was typed out by hand.<br><br> <u><b>Update</b></u><br><br> Now contains level add on pack "Grandma Returns" Designed by Lee Trager<br><br> <u><b>Update #2</b></u><br><br> Now contains new level addon pack with the "master X" level and "Desktop duel" by Carter Brown <br><br> <u><b> Update #3</b></u><br><br> MasterKong 1.1 realeased

Terms of Agreement:   
By using this article, you agree to the following terms...   
1) You may use this article in your own programs (and may compile it into a program and distribute it in compiled format for languages that allow it) freely and with no charge.   
2) You MAY NOT redistribute this article (for example to a web site) without written permission from the original author. Failure to do so is a violation of copyright laws.   
3) You may link to this article from another website, but ONLY if it is not wrapped in a frame. 
4) You will abide by any additional copyright restrictions which the author may have placed in the article or article's description.
MasterKong

Features

2 Programs Level Editor and game itself. Game comes with 5 levels. Contains over 60 bitmaps and 23 source files total.

Some of the features of the game itself

Projectiles , 2D Character Animation, Tile map, Options Screen, Start Screen Game Over Screen, About Screen,SoundHandler, and level select screen. The code is fully object oriented , does not use mfc or the Visual C++ code generators. Utilizing MasterX SDK 1.8, and all code was typed out by hand.

About

The game was inspried video games of the past which I still adore. I took a few different concepts and put them together to create this. It was more of a project I would work on , when I was fursterated with with my bigger projects. This game is for educational purposes only.

Downloads

MasterKong 1.2 for Windows 2000

MasterKong 1.1

Download Game and Source

Whats New in 1.1

Minor bug fixes, and made compatible with both DirectX8 and direct7 and below. (For anything sooner then DirectX7 comment out the line <

"#define DIRECTINPUT_VERSION 0x700"

from MasterX.h

Color Keys Fixed

Joystick "non stop jump" Bug Fixed

Added After each jump, key must be released before you can jump again

Thanks to Deslock for finding the color key compatibility issue, and thanks to smut for finding the joystick 'non stop' jump.

MasterKong 1

Download just the game
Download the game source
Download the level editor source

If you wish to change the graphics, or make a new interface email me it, ill post it.

Level Addons

Grandma Returns by Lee Trager
Intermindate Pack by Jared Bruni
"MasterX" and "Desktop Duel" by Carter Brown

How to install an addon

unzip the zip file into the directory containing the game, overwriting the prevous files

How to play

The concept of the game is simple, destroy the evil grandmother zombie. She runs around in her wheelchair with her flower hat, looking to destroy you. If her projectiles hit you, your toast. Your only resort is to use your weapon.

Controls

A - Jump

S - Shoot your shot gun

Left Key - Move Left

Right Key - Move Right

Joysticks are available during game play

Featured Screen Shots

New Screen Shot!

/************************************************* lostsidedead.com */

Other 278 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to notify us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
Reason:

Your Vote!

What do you think of this article(in the Intermediate category)?
(The article with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor See Voting Log

Other User Comments
5/2/2001 3:29:45 AM:Jared
If theres any artists out there who want to touch up the graphics, or send me levels, I would like to post them.
Keep the Planet clean! If this comment was disrespectful, please report it:
Reason:

5/2/2001 3:30:24 PM:nukem
nice game!!!
Reason:

5/2/2001 5:00:29 PM:Bonk
Jared with the great graphics i hve made i can't believe u are looking for ther artsts haha
Reason:

5/2/2001 5:27:24 PM:bo
cool game man i love da graphics
Reason:

5/2/2001 5:52:40 PM:UGO DESCHAMPS
I THINK YOUR WORK IS UNBELIVABLE I HAVE ONLY BEEN PROGRAMMING IN C FOR TWO WEEK'S AND THERE'S NOT MUCH I CAN DO BUT YOUR WORK IS GREAT
Reason:

5/2/2001 5:57:26 PM:nukem
yo guys jared asked me to make u all some lvls. I made 1 called grandmas house. If you think the lvls it came w/ r hard wait till u try this out. I figured out how to make it look like in mario how he jumps out of the pipe its kool.
Reason:

5/2/2001 6:28:52 PM:Jared Bruni
Thank you all for the nice comments =]
Reason:

5/2/2001 7:08:26 PM:Deslock
Another great source code from Jared this code is a must-have for every game developers !! viva el MasterX 1.8 SDK !
Reason:

5/3/2001 8:36:50 PM:nukem
I just finised the levels(5) and a story(funny) for it. I just sent all of it to jared. Im not sure when we'er gona post it, it might be later tonight.
Reason:

5/5/2001 2:54:29 PM:Jared Bruni
I just posted nukems levels, if anyone else wants to design some with the le email me them and ill post them.
Reason:

5/5/2001 10:28:46 PM:Steve Mack
For some reason I can't play my saved levels.
Reason:

5/6/2001 5:20:09 PM:Jared Bruni
This version, only has the menu selection for the default levels, edit those.
Reason:

5/6/2001 5:21:02 PM:nukem
replace level 1 level 2 ect. use the same name as them.
Reason:

5/14/2001 10:12:16 AM:Python
OMG this game rox! man i wish i could do stuff like this. You know what you should do Jared?, try make a 3D RPG game, goto www.auranjet.com that's a good 3D engine.
Reason:

5/16/2001 3:12:17 PM:Jared Bruni
I am already working on a 3D engine, for an RPG game with a few other awesome programmers. It will be out in the future.
Reason:

5/16/2001 3:18:08 PM:Jared Bruni
Note, on some computers some of the hero and grandma's images come out incorrect. The colors dont show, if this happens to you , change all the colors keys on those 2 images from 248,0,248 to 255,0,255
Reason:

5/16/2001 8:13:37 PM:Jared Bruni
Thanks to deslock for finding those problems with the color key under different versions of windows.
Reason:

5/17/2001 1:43:04 PM:Benjamin Marty
Hm. Well, if you liked this, and if you're not violently opposed to VB, there's another program here on planet source code that should interest you -- The Scrolling Game Development Kit. http://www.planetsourcecode.com/xq /ASP/txtCodeId.22201/lngWId.1/qx/vb/scri pts/ShowCode.htm
Reason:

5/17/2001 3:40:15 PM:Jared Bruni
Thanks to Carter for the cool levels, be sure to visit his sites at M. Carter Brown http://www.mcarterbrown.com http ://www.seriousprogramming.com
Reason:

5/21/2001 2:55:43 PM:roland snijder
This codes are all magical for me:) I still have to learn very mutch. I did some graphical programming in VB, but that's a long time ago. I only made some win-apps (and a couple of unix console) in C++, mainly string manipulation. I also liked your complacted script language code:) Also I don't fully onderstand it I learned from it. Anyway I want to start making graphical games again is DirectX a better choise is OpenGl since I already have a little OpenGl experience en none DirectX. Should I learn DirectX anyway? If I want to make a very simple game like snake what should I all use?
Reason:

5/21/2001 3:18:15 PM:Roland Snijder
BTW isn't it better to replace this: switch(curmenu) { case 0: my = 75+25; break; case 1: my = 75+50; break; case 2: my = 75+50+25; break; case 3: my = 75+50+25*2; break; case 4: my = 75+50+25*3; break; } With this: my = 100 + (25 * curmenu); ?
Reason:

5/21/2001 3:21:57 PM:Jared Bruni
Yea there are a few optomizations that can be made , considering the rate at which this code was written.
Reason:

5/21/2001 3:23:07 PM:Jared Bruni
Thanks for the feedback I apperciate it =]
Reason:

5/22/2001 4:32:35 AM:Jared Bruni
Choice between DirectX and OpenGL is yours. I think DirectX is over complicated and quite tedious to use at times. OpenGL has its advantages as it is used on multiple platforms. However on windows I use DirectX because it has more features, and is flexible. You decide =]
Reason:

5/25/2001 7:16:56 PM:jm_1983310@yahoo.ca
I think your work is awesome, Jared, but i could have made some improvement. I don't have the time for it, and i'm working on another big project! Keep it up, you'll someday find what you're looking for! cheers, Jacques!
Reason:

6/17/2001 6:44:00 PM:Mark Lu
How do you do it in windows? (I not advanced in C/C++) Anyway, this is good enough to get somebody to buy this.
Reason:

6/18/2001 7:09:53 AM:Jared Bruni
Thanks for the nice comment Mark, well how do I do it in windows ? Practice practice practice, until I have coded so much the skin peels off my fingers. no Pain no gain
Reason:

6/19/2001 9:45:58 PM:Jared
Hey I just installed win2k, and I notice the timers run at different speeds. So if your running 2k and want the game to run at the correct speed, on the line with the InitTimer make it mxhwnd.InitTimer(1,50); and the speed will be correct
Reason:

6/19/2001 9:46:50 PM:Jared Bruni
m$ needs to work on making different varations of there Operating Systems compatbile.
Reason:

7/6/2001 11:51:23 AM:zeldafreak1117
How do you get a bitmap from paint to your compiler to put in a program? My E-mail is zeldafreak1117@yahoo.com
Reason:

7/23/2001 7:42:34 PM:Rhiannon
Haha the mario in this game looks like hes on crack !!
Reason:

7/23/2001 8:48:22 PM:Jared Bruni
Haha yeah, hes pretty ghetto :)
Reason:

8/1/2001 12:25:33 AM:Jared Bruni
"imagine"
Reason:

9/27/2001 4:38:01 PM:Andy
I have to admit Jared, this is really cool. See you in class!
Reason:

Add Your Feedback!
Note:Not only will your feedback be posted, but an email will be sent to the code's author in your name.

NOTICE: The author of this article has been kind enough to share it with you.  If you have a criticism, please state it politely or it will be deleted.

For feedback not related to this particular article, please click here.

Name:
Comment:

Categories | Articles and Tutorials | Advanced Search | Recommended Reading | Upload | Newest Code | Code of the Month | Code of the Day | All Time Hall of Fame | Coding Contest | Search for a job | Post a Job | Ask a Pro Discussion Forum | Live Chat | Feedback | Customize | C/ C++ Home | Site Home | Other Sites | About the Site | Feedback | Link to the Site | Awards | Advertising | Privacy

Copyright© 1997 by Exhedra Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.  By using this site you agree to its Terms and Conditions.  Planet Source Code (tm) and the phrase "Dream It. Code It" (tm) are trademarks of Exhedra Solutions, Inc.