MasterRPG,game,first,alpha,release,very,early
Quick Search for:  in language:    
MasterRPG,game,first,alpha,release,very,early
   Code/Articles » |  Newest/Best » |  Community » |  Jobs » |  Other » |  Goto » | 
CategoriesSearch Newest CodeCoding ContestCode of the DayAsk A ProJobsUpload
C/ C++ Stats

Code: 451,578 lines
 Jobs: 605 postings

Sponsored by:

You are in:

Login

Latest Code Ticker for C/ C++.
Visual Pi Hex
By jo122321323 on 8/25

Click here to see a screenshot of this code!ShortCutSample
By Massimiliano Tomassetti on 8/25

(Screen Shot)

AnPMoneyManager beta
By Anthony Tristan on 8/24

A calculator (english/polish )
By Tom Dziedzic on 8/24

MMC (Mouse Move Counter)
By Laszlo Hegedüs on 8/24

Text-DB
By Jerome A. Simon on 8/24

JDos
By Jerome A. Simon on 8/23

Game 1945X
By Ozgun Harmanci on 8/23

Find hidden "back streamed" files on NTFS partitions. This code is a must for sec consultants.
By Israel B. Bentch on 8/22

Click here to put this ticker on your site!

Add this ticker to your desktop!

Daily Code Email
To join the 'Code of the Day' Mailing List click here!

Affiliate Sites

MasterRPG - ALPHA 1

Print
Email

Submitted on: 4/2/2001 1:34:41 AM
By: Jared Bruni  
Level: Beginner
User Rating: By 20 Users
Compatibility:Microsoft Visual C++

Users have accessed this article 8908 times.

(About the author)

MasterRPG is a 2D rpg game. This is the first alpha release and it is in very early stages of production. So far it contains, the console, the basics of the tile map , plus the character can walk around while being animated. Theres still a whole lot left to be done, and yet it is already around 3139 lines of code. Full source can be downloaded within this article. * updated, now includes a link to download the alpha of the map editor.

Terms of Agreement:   
By using this article, you agree to the following terms...   
1) You may use this article in your own programs (and may compile it into a program and distribute it in compiled format for languages that allow it) freely and with no charge.   
2) You MAY NOT redistribute this article (for example to a web site) without written permission from the original author. Failure to do so is a violation of copyright laws.   
3) You may link to this article from another website, but ONLY if it is not wrapped in a frame. 
4) You will abide by any additional copyright restrictions which the author may have placed in the article or article's description.
MasterRPG is a video game that I am making that uses MasterX SDK 1.5 as its engine. What I am going to do is go through this game as an example, as each part is devloped I will release a new build of the source, so you can go with me step by step as the source code is written. You can download the source by clicking Here

If you got windows 2000 you should download this version

you can download the alpha of the map editor by clicking Here

if you got any ideas or want to make art, please post a response message.

How its going to work, is I am going to setup a cool Map editor, and each map, will be able to link to any given other number of maps, to setup a large world you could say. As the game proggresses and the hero's skill evolves, he will have different quests to accomplish.

Heres another screen shot

Thanks for your time, and look for the ALPHA 2 pretty soon with a grip of new features and updates

- Jared Bruni

Other 273 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to notify us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
Reason:

Your Vote!

What do you think of this article(in the Beginner category)?
(The article with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor See Voting Log

Other User Comments
4/3/2001 7:27:44 PM:deslock
wow! another great game engine by Jared It's really good for starters and got a lot of enhanced functions
Keep the Planet clean! If this comment was disrespectful, please report it:
Reason:

4/3/2001 8:22:21 PM:Jared
Thank you very much. I am working on the 1.6 and the ALPHA 2 right now =)
Reason:

4/5/2001 1:38:33 PM:Dan Mayor
Another god like submission from the Master Jered Bruni!! ~Dan Mayor ~CEO ~SubinaC Productions ~www.SubinaC.com
Reason:

4/13/2001 1:29:19 AM:Ian Stewart
where did you learn to do this kind of stuff? I would like to do the same, but can't find what I need!
Reason:

4/13/2001 1:59:11 AM:Jared Bruni
Everything I know how to do I gained through hard work. Trial and error experiences were a key ingredient, and continue to be so. All I can say for me Pratice is what unlocked the door. My Favorite game programming books that I read so far are: Awesome Power of DirectX/Direct3D by Peter J. Kovach Real-Time Strategy Game Programming by Mickey Kawick Windows 95 Game SDK Strategy Guide by Calyton Walnum (first one I ever read, before DirectX was called DirectX)
Reason:

4/13/2001 3:54:18 AM:Jared Bruni
opps I meant practice not pratice
Reason:

4/18/2001 7:40:26 PM:REETO
Didly darn my only compliant is that it is not done. Hurry up and finish it casue this is cool man!-
Reason:

4/25/2001 7:26:22 PM:Consoneo
Well Jared, I want you to win this so I voted excellent on your game engine (Which it ALWAYS is!) Good luck -Consoneo
Reason:

5/20/2001 3:07:31 PM:tommacco
Great code, I wish more people posted code and tutorials like yours. Great to learn from.
Reason:

5/20/2001 4:16:04 PM:Jared Bruni
So much support from all you people is why I continue to slave away to provide awesome examples =]
Reason:

6/20/2001 1:09:52 PM:Jared Bruni
Hey I just installed win2k, and I notice the timers run at different speeds. So if your running 2k and want the game to run at the correct speed, on the line with the InitTimer make it mxhwnd.InitTimer(1,50); and the speed will be correct, or you can change it to the speed that you want.
Reason:

9/13/2001 11:31:30 AM:Joseph Harvey
This is good meat.
Reason:

2/7/2002 10:26:15 PM:Tanis
Tell me, this looks really like the Graal Online of old. Is that what this is supposed to be?I really hope that you get it working.
Reason:

5/29/2002 3:25:49 AM:Jewel
Excellent!!! Thanks for sharing your knowledge... It would be a great help to aspiring game programmers.
Reason:

6/3/2002 4:02:44 PM:C++ Newbie
Can someone give me a compiler everything i've downloaded has like 30 errors and i can never run them
Reason:

Add Your Feedback!
Note:Not only will your feedback be posted, but an email will be sent to the code's author in your name.

NOTICE: The author of this article has been kind enough to share it with you.  If you have a criticism, please state it politely or it will be deleted.

For feedback not related to this particular article, please click here.

Name:
Comment:

Categories | Articles and Tutorials | Advanced Search | Recommended Reading | Upload | Newest Code | Code of the Month | Code of the Day | All Time Hall of Fame | Coding Contest | Search for a job | Post a Job | Ask a Pro Discussion Forum | Live Chat | Feedback | Customize | C/ C++ Home | Site Home | Other Sites | About the Site | Feedback | Link to the Site | Awards | Advertising | Privacy

Copyright© 1997 by Exhedra Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.  By using this site you agree to its Terms and Conditions.  Planet Source Code (tm) and the phrase "Dream It. Code It" (tm) are trademarks of Exhedra Solutions, Inc.