Please visit our sponsor
UNKNOWN //************************************** // for :Session ID //************************************** No Copyrights, use as is. //************************************** // Name: Session ID // Description:Generate a random string of caracters to use for identifying your users on your web site. Can also be used to generate passwords. // By: Benoit Gauthier // // // Inputs:nSize , number of caracters for the string default =24 // // Returns:A string with the random caracters in it. // //Assumes:Uses PHP. // //Side Effects:None //This code is copyrighted and has limited warranties. //Please see http://www.Planet-Source-Code.com/xq/ASP/txtCodeId.225/lngWId.8/qx/vb/scripts/ShowCode.htm //for details. //************************************** <? //---------------------------------------------------- // Function GetSID() // // Parameters : $nSize number of caracters, default 24 // Return value : 24 caracters string // // Description : This function returns a random string // of 24 caracters that can be used to identify users // on your web site in a more secure way. You can also // use this function to generate passwords. //---------------------------------------------------- function GetSID ($nSize=24) { // Randomize mt_srand ((double) microtime() * 1000000); for ($i=1; $i<=$nSize; $i++) { // if you wish to add numbers in your string, // uncomment the two lines that are commented // in the if statement $nRandom = mt_rand(1,30); if ($nRandom <= 10) { // Uppercase letters $sessionID .= chr(mt_rand(65,90)); // } elseif ($nRandom <= 20) { // $sessionID .= mt_rand(0,9); } else { // Lowercase letters $sessionID .= chr(mt_rand(97,122)); } } return $sessionID; } // Test the function echo GetSID(16); ?>