Removing Phantom Entities
If you come across a drawing that always gives you errors,
is really large compared to the amount of visible entities, or there is an
indication that many blocks are there that you cant see then apply the
1. Open the drawing; if you do not have the drawing opened
already. You may have to recover it
2. At the command prompt type "z"
(for zoom) followed by "v" (acquires everything visible)
3. Type "e" for erase, then enter.
4. Type "ALL", then
5. Type "R" to remove the entities we wish to
retain, then enter.
6. Window in the title block (if your title block is in
modelspace, otherwise just window all
visible entities) and all lines within, then enter.
7. Then purge the drawing and remove any unwanted block(s).
8. Then save.
And there you go.